[Cryptography] [Crypto-practicum] Secure erasure in C.

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Thu Sep 8 18:45:06 EDT 2016

On 09/08/2016 02:49 PM, Henry Baker wrote:
> So you can assume that every flash memory is also compromised, and
> will look for (and squirrel away) interesting data for later
> exfiltration.

Along with the CPU and the network and ...

> Include *Flint* (as in Derek Flint; Google it!) in your list of attackers, along with Eve, etc.

Our Man Flint! I am so old I remember the movie. But I don't immediately
spot the flash connection.

I guess I still like the overwrite with random (-ish) data. If you had
reason to trust that buffer in the first place, why not trust it to
accept the overwritten data? Seems a way to get the compiler to do what
it is told: tell it something complicated.

-kb