[Cryptography] On the deployment of client-side certs

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Fri Nov 18 17:42:37 EST 2016

>> Since there is a good way of securing the camera with a piece of sticky
>> tape, it is much more important to control the microphone which can't be
>> easily defeated.
>
> Not even with multiple layers of tape?
There are multiple microphones - if I remember right, the new MacBook Pro's have three!  And it's not particularly easy to block even one....

>  The audio chip on my MacBook is
> busted anyway (I only have audio out via USB) so it's not a concern for
> me.
Are you sure that both directions are broken?  I doubt the paths have all that much in common - you could easily have a broken audio output with a perfectly functional audio input.
                                                        -- Jerry