[Cryptography] And they're off...

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Mar 22 08:57:35 EDT 2016

I've already heard news commentators wondering if the Brussels
attackers used "cryptography".

The security community has its work cut out for it. We really need to
educate the press or they're not going to understand the issue or the
stakes. We also can't wait for the opposition to make its move -- we
need to be out there at all times explaining the problem so that when
terrorism or other lobbying opportunities for the anti-security crowd
occur the understanding of the situation is already in place.

And please remember: the press has been convinced this is about some
sort of abstract desire for privacy vs. everyone's security, when in
fact this is about having the security we need to keep the world
safe vs. no one other than criminals having security.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com