[Cryptography] Two more Apple amicus briefs

James S. Tyre jstyre at jstyre.com
Fri Mar 4 01:32:35 EST 2016

Henry Baker wrote:

> Supposedly, Apple has already filed an appeal brief, but I haven't been able to find
> it.  Anyone?  Anyone?

Nope.  Keep in mind that the case currently is before a Magistrate Judge, not an Article III District Judge.  Apple filed a very short Notice of Objections to the magistrate's Order, but that's just to preserve a right.  In the absence of something unexpected, the Magistrate Judge will decide then (presumably) it will be appealed to the District Judge.  (Technically, it isn't an appeal, but calling it that is close enough for this purpose.)

--
James S. Tyre
Law Offices of James S. Tyre
jstyre at jstyre.com
Special Counsel, Electronic Frontier Foundation
https://www.eff.org