[Cryptography] Two more Apple amicus briefs

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:22:55 EST 2016

On 3/3/16, Allen <allenpmd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:19 PM, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:
>> https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2746620/Apple-Amicus-Brief-by-Airbnb-EBay-Twitter-and.pdf
>> https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2746626/Apple-Amicus-Brief-From-AT-amp-T.pdf
>>

> Someone should file an amicus brief that basically says the FBI violated
> federal contracting rules by not putting the hacking work out to
> competitive bid through the RFP process, and therefore it's request to
> force Apple to do this work violates federal law and should be struck down
> as against public policy.  I'm not actually familiar enough with the
> federal contracting process to know if that is true or not, but it seems
> plausible, and it also seems there are many companies that would like to
> have a crack at doing this work instead of being forced to do it.  At
> minimum, the FBI would find out through the RFP process if what it seeks
> might be available through another channel and therefore Apple's assistance
> is not required.

And in the meantime RFP and results are out in the open
giving makers more time to roll out and get embedded in society
per and for customer interest, impenetrable crypto schemes.

Embedding crypto to, for, and in conscience of society as
a private and personal tool... is a race condition.
And one you want to win.
So do it... nao !!!