[Cryptography] [cryptography] ISIS’ OPSEC Manual

RB aoz.syn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:49:13 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Allen <allenpmd at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK from my very limited experience, wget complains about this but web
> browsers are happy to accept a certificate for "domain.tld" to connect to
> "www.domain.tld"

I'm fairly certain this has more to do with one's version of OpenSSL
than wget or the client library.  Using OpenSSL 1.0.2d (Gentoo) I'm
unable to replicate the error with wget, curl, or "openssl s_client".
The silent acceptance of well-known subdomains isn't a change I'm
immediately aware of, but it is certainly a logical conclusion given
the current vogue of eliminating the archaic-appearing "www" from
URLs.