[Cryptography] "Most Americans Don't Mind Being on Candid Camera"

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Mar 23 21:59:49 EDT 2015

On 3/23/15 at 1:13 PM, mitch at niftyegg.com (Tom Mitchell) wrote:

>My current bias is for more cameras in the hands of the public to balance
>the abuses
>by those in power.

Our local police force has a handout for people who have
installed security cameras. It includes minimum technical
recommendations (pixel resolution), recommendations on where to
point it, and a way to inform the police so they can get the
pictures when a crime has been committed near the camera.

It seems to me that this arrangement has both plusses and minuses.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn
up the
408-356-8506       | intelligence.  There's a knob called
"brightness", but
www.pwpconsult.com | it doesn't work. -- Gallagher