[Cryptography] best practices considered bad term

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Mon Feb 2 08:11:01 EST 2015

The National Electric Code benefits from dealing with a well defined
problem. Frustrating as I presume it can be, it is still a reasonable
thing to try to standardize.

But when precisely defining the problem is the bulk of the task--as I
think is true of all programming--standards like the NEC can only work
at a micro-level (e.g., AES) and won't secure the entire system.
(Process standards, however, could offer some hope, though I assume only
frustration.)

-kb