[Cryptography] traffic analysis -> let's write an RFC?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 04:42:12 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 1:19 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> At least they say they're encrypting it all now. We'd like to know how.

> Curious?   What value is there in knowing how?

This is a thread about encrypting all the links (and further,
about filling up all the unused bandwidth). Caveat having not
looked in a while, the 1/10/40/100gbit router/switch linecards probably
still don't come with per port line rate hardware crypto engines.
And in keeping with the openness in the public interest concept of the
other thread, it would behoove them, if they want reputation / user
confidence, to say a little bit more about how they're doing that so
others can apply it. Doesn't seem too much to ask for or competition
helping does it?
I do think I saw a blog entry related to doing it not in the
network layer but in the software stack, but I can't find that
reference right now :( And again, caveat.