[Cryptography] Augmented Reality Encrypted Displays

dj at deadhat.com dj at deadhat.com
Fri Aug 28 16:57:38 EDT 2015

> At 10:09 AM 8/28/2015, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
  It's getting harder &
> harder for a web site to know & guarantee that what it thinks
> is being displayed is actually what a user sees & is agreeing
> to.  See Dan Kaminsky's recent DEFCON talk for more info:

Roughly 100% of the times I click on a banner ad, it is not because the ad
is hiding. It is because the ad renders and reformats the screen while I'm
aiming for something else. So everything shifts down and my click hits the
ad.

I would not be at all surprised to find people doing this deliberately
(delaying the rendering with scripts to resize late) to get more clicks.