[Cryptography] Threatwatch: CIN - Corruptor-Injector Network

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Mon Aug 10 18:35:57 EDT 2015

>> Network and system architectures may prove more pervasive and thus much harder to change than things like military strategy.
>
> I think it is too late for capability model OSs. The change in thinking needed to program in the KeyKOS, CapRos, Coyotos, etc. model is too far from the way people put applications together with Apache, shell scripts etc. and the Unix file system and security models.
Maybe.  Both Android and, to an even greater extent, iOS (and to a degree MacOS before that, and on a continuing basis), have done violence to many of the traditional assumptions people have about OS's, processes, file systems, and so on.

Note that I'm *not* saying any of these are implementing a capability model - though MacOS with its xpc's is moving in that direction - just that they've implemented *different* models, and programmers have adjusted.

So perhaps there's some hope.
                                                        -- Jerry