[Cryptography] Of writing down passwords

ianG iang at iang.org
Mon Sep 22 02:37:21 EDT 2014

On 21/09/2014 04:54 am, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>   Choose a password that your[sic] can easily remember or write it down.
>
> Or write it down...

I've been recommending that people write their passwords down for about
a decade now [0].

How else to handle it when the passwords have to be non-memorable
because of dictionary attacks and re-use attacks?

(I suspect this "don't write passwords down" thing relates to the old
days of terminal labs where there were idle and nasty students <cof> who
would make a habit of surfing over people's shoulders to capture a few
letters...  Those days are long gone.)

iang

[0] http://financialcryptography.com/  down the end, Top Tips, #3.