[Cryptography] We need a new encryption algorithm competition.

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Mar 17 00:58:34 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Natanael <natanael.l at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> Almost sounds like you want an FPGA in the CPU. So do I. :)

That would be great.  It'd also be a double-edged sword...  A bit like
microprogramming: how do you validate that black box?  But mostly a
good thing, I think, and we're going to need it if we're ever to
replace AES.  In the long-term, as one ciphersuite wins over the rest,
algorithm agility will become harder and harder to actually use as
intended.

Nico