[Cryptography] GeekCrypt: A Secure Fork of TrueCrypt

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Fri Jun 20 10:50:22 EDT 2014

Op 20 jun. 2014, om 15:21 heeft Александр <afalex169 at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> ​​ ​​​I ​​wonder, why everybody assume ​ ​that this statement is from the actual developer of TrueCrypt?
> I guess, that the "bad guys" who wanted to kill the project, would be very happy to kill its fork too. So should"nt we be a little bit more suspicious to statements that refer to the "dev" of TrueCrypt?​ ​​

A possibly effective way of testing this would be to simply ignore license and alleged trademark; and continue very publicly and openly as a clean fork with full provenance and the original name. And see who makes what claims; and how these are backed up.

If I where a betting man - I’d place my cards on the noise of some very silent cheering on from unknown quarters,

Dw.