[Cryptography] MPAA hasn't given up yet on breaking DNS

mleech at ripnet.com mleech at ripnet.com
Thu Dec 18 14:05:21 EST 2014

The MPAA take themselves very, very, seriously. I work for a company
that has to provide services under MPAA "security" policies. It's
 absurd. I've worked on government clearance-required projects that
didn't have as much nonsense as the MPAA requires.

The MPAA need to be taken down several notches. They are arrogant,
wrong-headed mouth-breathers who unfortunately pull a lot of the strings
in many parts of the world.

On 2014-12-18 13:47, Henry Baker wrote:

> FYI -- Apparently from the Sony leaks...
>
> https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141217/17533629473/mpaas-secret-plan-to-reinterpret-dmca-into-vast-censorship-machine-that-breaks-core-workings-internet.shtml [1]
>
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1382881/250250989-comms-act-and-dmca-safe-harbor.pdf [2]
>
> "At the same time, even this narrow limitation on ISPs' immunity could have the salutary effect of requiring ISPs to respond to takedown notices by *** disabling DNS lookups *** of pirate sites through the ISPs' own DNS servers, which is not currently a general practice."

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141217/17533629473/mpaas-secret-plan-to-reinterpret-dmca-into-vast-censorship-machine-that-breaks-core-workings-internet.shtml