[Cryptography] ideas for (long) Nothing up my sleeve numbers

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Tue Apr 1 10:16:26 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 09:38:32AM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> On 1 April 2014 05:41, Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 12:33:08AM -0400, Donald Eastlake wrote:
> >> Thanks for the plug but that has been obsoleted by RFC 3797.
> >
> > Oh, oops, I missed the "obsoleted by" tag....
>
> Because there isn't one?

Apparently the obsoleted by tag is in the HTML version, but not the
text version.  (I thought the old text rfc's were updated to include
obsoleted-by information, but apparently not any more.)

Unfortunately, Google gave me the text version first, probably because
historically more people have clicked on it:

	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2777.txt

instead of the HTML version:

	http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2777

Hmm.... maybe I should ask the Search folks about adding Knowledge
Panels for RFC's.  :-)

					- Ted