[Cryptography] TLS2

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Mon Sep 30 12:28:37 EDT 2013

 > Stephen Farrell wrote:
 >
 > Why not do the requirements, then ask for competing proposals?
 > Choose 1.  It worked for NIST and committees didn't work for anyone.

Absolutely.

If there is anything I've learned about "the Internet" it is that
if you ask a difficult question you will get very little in the
way of answers you can trust a priori.  However, if you make a false
claim, then people will come out of the woodwork to tell you that
"You are a doofus and here is why."  Ergo, the way to ask a question
is to make a false claim the summed corrections to which contain the
answer to the question you wanted to ask.

We now return you to your program already in progress,

--dan