[Cryptography] PRISM-Proofing and PRISM-Hardening

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Sep 19 08:26:18 EDT 2013

> I know I would be a lot more comfortable with a way to check the mail against a piece of paper I received directly from my bank.

I would say this puts you in the sub 1% of the populace.  Most people want to do things online because it is much easier and "gets rid of paper."  Those are the systems we need to secure.  Perhaps another way to look at it:  how can we make out-of-band verification simpler?

--
Principal Security Engineer
Akamai Technology