[Cryptography] Tarnished Reputation, Sad

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Tue Dec 24 12:41:33 EST 2013

Just noticed a new posting on the bugtraq mailing list.  Nothing odd in
that, but it caught my eye because it was from EMC, parent of disgraced
RSA. ("EMC Replication Manager Unquoted File Path Enumeration
Vulnerability")

Sad to see.  Someone apparently is doing the right thing and fixing
security hole.  On Christmas Eve.  But when I see it I don't admire it.
I'm not sure what my reaction is, it is decidedly mixed.  But seeing
those letters, it just tastes bad.  Unfair.  Sad.

-kb