[Cryptography] Fwd: [IP] RSA Response to Media Claims Regarding NSA Relationship

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 00:08:02 EST 2013

Does this mean RSA denies accepting $10M for making the NSA RNG the default
in BSAFE?  You did not say so in your post.  So now RSA "categorically
denies" entering into a secret contract with the NSA.  If it wasn't secret,
why didn't I hear about it?  I'm pretty sure it would have made the geek
news, and I may not be a crypto expert, but I follow geek news (slashdot
would have burned RSA alive).

I think I get that RSA employees have been duped by the NSA.  It's the
NSA's job after all, and they have smart people, apparently smarter than
many RSA employees.  I don't get any sense that RSA might have made any
mistakes from your post.  Your post seems like something a corporate lawyer
wrote.  I hate that, and I have good personal reasons for it.