ADMIN: Heavy-handed moderation

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Sep 16 09:50:42 EDT 2010

Moderator's note:

There have been a lot (!) of messages sent in the last 15 hours or so
following a number of recent high "heat" threads.  Over a dozen (!) of
them are long, earnest, well written, and generally a repeat of a
number of recent arguments we've had on the list or veer off
topic. (Yes, I really do try to keep things to a particular set of
topics even if it doesn't always seem that way from the outside.)

I'm therefore exercising my moderatorial prerogative and being quite
heavy handed about what I'm forwarding today.

Apologies to those of you who've spent time writing some interesting
things that won't be going out, but I have to consider the readers
first and the writers second...

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com