Misinformation: new crypto product

PETER SCHWEITZER peter at infosecsys.com
Mon Jul 21 11:28:41 EDT 2008

A recent press release about a new cryptographic product, "Permanent
Privacy" (P.P.), mentioning my name, has led to a slew of
dramatically mistaken reports. Corrections: I have never had a
cryptography-related connection to Harvard. I had nothing to  do with
the press release.

Concerning my alleged support for the claim that P.P. provides
"...the world's first practical data encryption system that is
absolutely unbreakable.":

Its "practical" versions are not "absolutely unbreakable", as I tried
hard to convince them. The only claim I ever supported was that if
the additive stream cipher that is one component of P.P. consists of
a properly managed 'One-Time-Pad', it (obviously) provides
unbreakable encryption.

Peter Schweitzer