Kiwi expert cracks chip passport

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 19 21:23:28 EDT 2008

[Not sure if this is still of general list interest, let's take the followups
 off-list.  If anyone else wants to be included in the off-list discussion,
 let me know].

Stefan Kelm <stefan.kelm at secorvo.de> writes:

>Did the "Golden Reader Tool" (GRT) recognize the Cardman reader w/o any
>modifications? The most current version I have (GRT v2.9) says in the
>"ePassport Reader List":
>
> - Integrated Engineering Smart-ID
> - NMDA Tx-PR-400
> - Philips Pegoda

I sense Vista running on your machine :-).  To get it to work I had to fire up
XP and explicitly install the Omnikey drivers from their web site rather than
using Windows auto-install to get them.  It also runs well in Parallels on a
Mac, although I haven't been able to get it to work under Vista.

Peter.