FC 2008 call for panels and posters

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Oct 29 21:01:03 EDT 2007

From: Radu Sion <sion at crypto.cs.sunysb.edu>
Subject: Call for Panels and Posters (published in proceedings): FC 2008
To: ias-opportunities at cerias.purdue.edu
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:10:53 -0500

Dear Colleague,

This is a call for *** posters and panel *** submissions (published
in proceedings) for the Financial Cryptography and Data Security
Conference in Cozumel, Mexico, 28-31 January, 2008
(http://fc08.ifca.ai). Financial Cryptography and Data Security is a
major international forum for research, advanced development,
education, exploration, and debate regarding information assurance in
the context of finance and commerce. The conference covers all
aspects of securing transactions and systems. Submissions focusing on
both fundamental and applied real-world deployments are solicited.

Accepted 1 page poster summaries will be published in the proceedings !
The poster session is the perfect venue to share a provocative
opinion, interesting established or preliminary work, or a cool idea
that will spark discussion. Poster presenters will benefit from a
multi-hour session to discuss their work, get exposure, and receive
feedback from attendees.

Free Child Care

We are also happy to offer free child care as part of the conference.
The hotel offers a kids' club, with supervised childcare and
activities from 9am to 5pm for children of age 5-12 whose parents are
somewhere on the premises (in the conference room is fine). This is
free of charge for hotel guests. Baby-sitting is available for US$5
per child per hour. Additionally, as part of the room rate for
conference attendees, children of age 0-12 are free of charge
(including food).

Financial Assistance for Primary Care Giver

We will also provide financial assistance to a scholar who is a
primary care giver, and who has their research paper accepted for
presentation. $750 will be awarded to pay for childcare and other
family-related expenses related to attending the conference.

DATES

Posters: 13 November
Panels: 13 November

ORGANIZERS

Program Chair: Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine
General Chair: Radu Sion, Stony Brook

Local Arrangement Chair: Rafael Hirschfeld, Unipay
Poster Chair: Bogdan Carbunar, Motorola Labs
Publicity & Sponsorship Co-Chair: Roberto Gomez, Tecnologico de Monterrey

Program Committee

N. Asokan, Nokia Research
Giuseppe Ateniese, Johns Hopkins University
Nikita Borisov, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
George Danezis, Microsoft Research, Cambridge
Stefan Dziembowski, University of Rome
Kevin Fu, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Philippe Golle, PARC
Dieter Gollmann, Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg
Stanislaw Jarecki, UC Irvine
Aggelos Kiayias, University of Connecticut
Javier Lopez, University of Malaga
Arjen Lenstra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
Ninghui Li, Purdue University
Patrick McDaniel, Pennsylvania State University
Alessandro Mei, University of Rome
Refik Molva, Eurecom Institute
Pino Persiano, University of Salerno
Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, University of Bochum
Diana Smetters, PARC
Michael Szydlo, Akamai Technologies
Suzanne Wetzel, Stevens Institute of Technology

For more details please see http://fc08.ifca.ai.

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this
message. We did our best to avoid this. Moreover,
please let us know asap if you would like to be
removed from this mailing list -- we would not
like you to perceive this as spam. Please help
us distribute this to other interested colleagues.

Best Regards,
Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2008 Organizers