padlocks with backdoors - TSA approved

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Tue Feb 27 10:57:49 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 01:09:00AM -0500, David Chessler wrote:

> This is why I don't bother with padlocks until I get to the hotel
> room. It is a good idea to slow down the petty thief, but a "twist
> tie" from a plastic bag will work. I use the nylon straps used to
> hold cable bunches in place. I use many different colors, so it is
> most unlikely that a petty thief would have one handy (black or white
> are very common.

Same what I do, especially because opening luggage in absence of the
owner is rather unusual outside the USA. Sometimes I also "seal" the
case with any unusual sticker I got somewhere for free or a paper
sticker.

The method with the cable binder became difficult since it is
forbidden to have a nail scissors in the bord luggage. Sometimes not
that easy to open it without damaging luggage without a tool.

regards
Hadmut