Another entry in the internet security hall of shame....

james hughes hughejp at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 10:49:21 EDT 2005

In listening to this thread hearing all the hyperbole on both sides,
I would suggest that we may need more fuel to the fire.

There was a rump presentation at the recent Crypto on the use of
"Ceremonies" (which, pardon my misstatement in advance, is claimed to
be computer protocols with the humans included). The presentation
states, "Design a great protocol, prove it secure; add a user, it’s
insecure". This specifically discusses SSL.

The entire rump session is at
    http://www.iacr.org/conferences/crypto2005/rumpSchedule.html

scroll down to
    Ceremonies by Carl Ellison