[anonsec] Re: potential new IETF WG on anonymous IPSec (fwd from hal at finney.org) (fwd from touch at ISI.EDU)

Ian Grigg iang at systemics.com
Wed Sep 15 19:41:41 EDT 2004

Peter Gutmann wrote:
> "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb at research.att.com> writes:
>>>Maybe it's worth doing some sort of generic RFC for this security model to
>>>avoid scattering the same thing over a pile of IETF WGs,
>>
>>Sounds good.  Who wants to write it...?
>
> Since there seems to be at least some interest in this, I'll make a start on
> it.  If anyone else wants to add their $0.03 to it [0], let me know.

It occurs to me that a number of these ideas could
be written up over time ... a wiki, anyone?  I think
it is high past time to start documenting crypto
patterns.

FWIW, on opportunistic cryptography (a la "SSH model")
I wrote up a opportunistic draft paper here:

http://iang.org/papers/spock.html

(FTR, I've received substantial comments from TwanVDS
and DigbytT.)

iang