E-commerce attack imminent; Sudden increase in port scanning for SSL doesn't look good

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Fri Jul 23 15:34:22 EDT 2004

slightly more topic drift w/respect to potential/possible threat models ...

i have put quite a bit of work into security taxonomy as part of the merged
securitity glossary and taxonomy
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/index.html#glosnote

i've relatively recently taken a pass at the cve database ...
http://cve.mitre.org/cve/index.html
http://www.osvdb.org/

but what I found was very little structure. i have done word frequency
analysis on the descriptions ... but even that isn't really conclusive
(since effectvely random people are generating quite random word
descriptions). I was hoping to find more structure for expanding taxonomy
for threat models, vulnerabilities, and exploits.

--
Anne & Lynn Wheeler    http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/