Cryptography Research wants piracy speed bump on HD DVDs

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 22 12:38:10 EST 2004

Think about the effect on P2P systems, if having one extracted movie from your player available for sharing meant that your player would stop working for all new content....

I'm not saying I think this (or any other technical solution I've seen) will work.  I'm saying that it's a pretty reasonable attempt to undermine participation in P2P systems.

>iang

--John