Who needs secure wireless / tappable wireless infrastructure

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Tue Sep 9 00:20:48 EDT 2003

> 	And this says nothing at all about the need for tactical
> military wiretaps on GSM systems under battlefield conditions when
> soldiers lives may depend on determining what the enemy is saying over
> cellphones used to direct attacks against friendly forces.

Or when innocent civilians need secure wireless infrastructures, to be
able to coordinate to avoid murderous US military forces.  See, for
example:

  http://electroniciraq.net/news/1014.shtml

which I found via SF writer James P. Hogan's blog:

  http://www.jamesphogan.com/bb/bb.shtml

Prudent citizens should now know that before stepping into the street
to hail a taxi, they should use a secure phone to determine whether
any American tanks are in the area.  But beware of American
direction-finding equipment -- make those calls short!

	John