Real-world steganography

Paul Krumviede pwk at acm.org
Mon Sep 30 23:30:20 EDT 2002

--On Monday, 30 September, 2002 22:15 -0500 Jeremey Barrett
<jeremey at rot26.com> wrote:

> Paul Krumviede wrote:
>| i've seen comments in reviews of professional CD mastering
>| gear that there are other, seemingly preferred, technologies,
>| although i've never found details of them.
>|

> The other formats of note are probably SACD and then DVD-Audio. SACD
> is multichannel 16-bit/44.1kHz... so multichannel CD without additional
> sample resolution (if I recall). SACD is not "backwards compatible"
> though, whereas HDCD is.

although we're wandering a bit far afield here, the other other format(s)
i was referring to are all supposedly backwards compatible, with the
original CD spec (wasn't that also some colored book?). i couldn't
tell from the review, or don't remember, what, if anything, they required
on the decoder side (but if they didn't require anything, then could it
be steganography?).

-paul