Field slide attacks and how to avoid them.

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Sep 18 23:18:21 EDT 2001

But XDR is so BORING compared to a REAL standard like ASN.1!
It doesn't have infinite possibilies for object definitions
requiring help from standards committees, multiple incompatible
data representations with different kinds of ambiguity,
or ugly API packages that are too large to believe that the
implementers debugged them adequately.  That's just no fun at all!

         (I realize it doesn't do everything in the world,
         or have all the power, expressiveness, or bit-twiddling
         that ASN.1 or even PGP/OpenPGP data formats have,
         but there's a lot to be said for something that's minimal and works.)