FC: Frank Sudia's proposal: Let's revive encryption key escrow

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun Sep 16 19:51:10 EDT 2001

Hoo boy...

In light of the following, it's getting harder and harder to imagine that
Kawika Daguio, Eric Hughes and Frank Sudia all tried to start up an
open-source financial software consulting company a little while ago...

Of course, the idea of a patent pool, in the case of internet bearer
patents (blind signatures, etc.,) anyway, is not a new one in the
cryptographic business.

Nobody's gotten a chance to try it, much less see if it will fly, though.
The irony meter pegs all over the place...

Cheers,
RAH

--- begin forwarded text