Stegdetect 0.4 released and results from USENET search available

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 29 17:48:37 EST 2001

    --
James A. Donald:

On 29 Dec 2001, at 10:19, Jim Choate wrote:
> So the traffic analysis software has your link the first
> couple of days. Now all they've got to do is black bag your
> computers text editors and news readers.

I doubt that posting on and receiving from a new server used
by tens of thousands of people is sufficient to make US
agents risk death to check what is on my computer.

And if it is, all the better.  We could do with a decent
death rate among US agents spying on US residents.

The surveillance measures the statists on this list imagine
would impose a serious burden even on a totalitarian state.

The reason that the Cuban government placed goons visibly
listening on every telephone conversation is that invisible
listening would have resulted in a flood of information
beyond their ability to handle.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     PZszz6Fe2pvgTljDvZy2wdF6LizlaJ8hxFzZ0YVF
     42Pmpx9IoC1dTQVlMSPgbQFtO5p9nP+Y2T5MirFTA